Your personal data shall be collected and processed in accordance with the applicable data protection regulations, in particular the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The controller responsible for the collection, processing and use of your personal data as per Art. 4 No. 7 GDPR is
The Leibniz Institute for Plasma Science and Technology
Tel.: +49 3834 - 554 300
Fax: +49 3834 - 554 301
If you wish to object to the collection, processing or usage of your data by us in accordance with these data protection regulations entirely or for individual actions, you may contact the data controller.
2. Anonymous data collection
You can certainly visit our website without letting us know who you are. We will only receive information about the name of your Internet service provider, the website from which you came to our website, and the web pages that you visit on our site. If this information is analyzed, it shall only be done for statistical purposes. You shall remain anonymous as an individual user.
3. Description and processing of personal data
We collect and process personal data when you contact us, in order to process your request appropriately. This personal data is provided by you voluntarily, with your express consent and knowledge for specific purposes and shall be used only for processing your request. It shall only be processed, stored and forwarded only to the extent that this is required for the particular purpose or for which you have given your consent. It shall not be forwarded to third parties or exported to non-EU countries. Other personal data shall not be collected.
4. Retention period
We shall store your personal data only for as long as it is necessary for fulfilling the relevant purposes, unless we are obliged to store it for a longer period for legal reasons or you have consented to letting your data be stored for a longer period in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 sent. 1 lit. A GDPR.
In certain cases, the legislature provides for the retention of personal data, for example under tax or commercial law. In these cases, the data shall be stored by us for longer only for these legal purposes, but not otherwise processed, and shall be deleted after the expiration of the legal retention period.
5. Your rights as the data subject
According to the applicable laws, you have several rights regarding your personal data. If you wish to exercise these rights, please send your request via e-mail or post to the address mentioned under point 1, giving clear details for your explicit identification.
Your rights are outlined below.
5.1 Right to confirmation and information
You have the right to information about the processing of your personal data.
You have the right to get confirmation from us about your personal data is being processed. If this is the case, you have the right to request information free of cost about your personal data stored by us along with a copy of this data. You also have the right to the following information:
- the purposes of the processing;
- the categories of personal data being processed;
- the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed;
- where possible, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period;
- the existence of the right to request from the controller rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing of personal data concerning you or to object to such processing;
- the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
- where the personal data is not collected from you, any available information about their source;
- the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, referred to in Art. 22 Para. 1 and 4 GDPR and, at least in those cases, meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for you.
5.2 Right to rectification
You shall have the right to obtain from us the rectification or completion of personal data concerning you.
You shall have the right to obtain from us without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you. Taking into account the purposes of the processing, you shall have the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
5.3 Right to erasure
There are a number of cases where we are obliged to erase personal data concerning you.
As per Art. 17 Para. 1 GDPR, you shall have the right to obtain from us the erasure of personal data concerning you without undue delay and we shall have the obligation to erase personal data without undue delay where one of the following grounds applies:
- The personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed.
- You withdraw consent on which the processing is based according to Art. 6 Para. 1 sent. 1 a) GDPR, or Art. 9 Para. 2 a) GDPR, and where there is no other legal ground for the processing.
- You object to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 Para 1 GDPR and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing, or you object to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 Para 2 GDPR.
- The personal data has been unlawfully processed.
- the personal data has to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in Union or Member State law to which we are subject.
- The personal data has been collected in relation to the offer of information society services referred to in Art. 8 Para. 1 GDPR.
Where we have made the personal data public and are obliged pursuant to Art. 17 Para. 1 GDPR to erase the personal data, we, taking account of available technology and the cost of implementation, shall take reasonable steps, including technical measures, to inform the controllers that are processing the personal data that you have requested the erasure by such controllers of any links to, or copy or replication of, this personal data.
5.4 Right to restriction of processing
There are a number of cases where you have the right to request us to restrict the processing of your personal data.
You shall have the right to obtain from us restriction of processing where one of the following applies:
- the accuracy of the personal data is contested by you, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
- the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the personal data and request the restriction of its use instead;
- we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but it is required by you for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, or
- the data subject has objected to processing pursuant to Art. 21 Para. 1 GDPR pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of the controller override those of the data subject.
5.5 Right to data portability
You shall have the right to receive the personal data concerning you in a machine-readable format, transmit it or have it transmitted by us.
You shall have the right to receive the personal data concerning him or her, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit this data to another controller without hindrance from us, where:
- the processing is based on consent pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 sent. 1 a) GSPR or Art. 9 Para. 2 a) GDPR or on a contract pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 sent. 1 b), and
- the processing is carried out by automated means.
In exercising your right to data portability pursuant to paragraph 1, you shall have the right to have the personal data transmitted directly by us to another controller, where technically feasible.
5.6 Right to object
You shall have the right to object to the lawful processing of your personal data by us, where this is demonstrated by your particular situation and if our interests in processing do not prevail.
You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning you that is based on Art. 6 Para. 1 sent. 1 e) or f) GDPR, including profiling based on those provisions. We shall no longer process the personal data unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
Where personal data is processed for direct marketing purposes, you shall have the right to object at any time to processing of personal data concerning him or her for such marketing, which includes profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing.
You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you for scientific or historical research purposes or for statistical purposes in accordance with Art. 89 Para. 1 GDPR, unless the processing is necessary for fulfilling a task of public interest.
5.7 Automated decision making in individual cases including profiling
You shall have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing (including profiling), which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
Automated decision making based on the collected personal data shall not take place.
5.8 Right to withdraw consent in line with data protection regulations
You shall have the right to withdraw consent given for the processing of personal data at any time.
5.9 Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
You shall have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your place of residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement, if you believe that the processing of your personal data is unlawful.
You can manage several website cookies of companies by visiting the American page http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ or the EU page http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices/.
7. Plugins and tools
7.1 Facebook plugins
This website uses plugins of the provider Facebook.com, which are provided by the company Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA. Users of our web page where the Facebook plugin is installed are hereby informed that a connection to Facebook is established by the plugin, whereby transmission is performed on their browser for the plugin to appear on the website. Furthermore, data containing information about your visits to our homepage will be forwarded to the Facebook server. If you are logged into Facebook, the usage data will be assigned to your personal Facebook account.
Once you are logged in, and actively use the Facebook plugin (e.g. by clicking the "Like" button or using the comment function), the data will be transferred to your Facebook account and published. You can only prevent this by this by logging out of your Facebook account beforehand.
For further information regarding the use of data by Facebook, please refer to the data privacy regulations on Facebook.
Our website uses plugins from YouTube, which is operated by Google. The operator of the pages is YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA.
If you visit one of our pages featuring a YouTube plugin, a connection to the YouTube servers is established. Here, the YouTube server is informed about which of our pages you have visited.
If you are logged in to your YouTube account, YouTube allows you to associate your browsing behavior directly with your personal profile. You can prevent this by logging out of your YouTube account. YouTube is used to help make our website appealing. This constitutes a justified interest pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f) GDPR.
7.5 LinkedIn plugins
7.6 Google Maps
This site uses the Google Maps map service via an API. It is operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
To use Google Maps, it is necessary to save your IP address. This information is generally transferred to and saved on a Google server in the United States. The provider of this site has no influence on this data transfer.
Google Maps is used to make our website appealing and facilitate the location of places specified by us on the website. This constitutes a justified interest pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f) GDPR.
7.7 Instagram social plugins
If you do not want Instagram to associate the data collected about our website directly to your Instagram account, you must log out of Instagram before visiting our website. You can also completely prevent the Instagram plugin from being downloaded using add-ons for your browser, e.g. the script blocker “NoScript” (http://noscript.net/).
8. Data protection officer
If you have further questions on data protection at the Leibniz Institute For Plasma Science And Technology. please contact our data protection officer, Nadja Dahlhaus (firstname.lastname@example.org).