The vacancies on our website are updated daily. The application deadlines apply, also in the case of postings on external career pages.
We want to conduct a balanced assessment of your qualifications and person. Therefore we need your complete application documents. This includes a cover letter in which you briefly introduce yourself and say why you are the right person for the job. You should also include an informative CV and copies of your most important training and work certificates. Letters of reference from previous employers complete the picture.
Please address your letter to the contact partner mentioned in the job posting. The employees named there are also available to answer questions.
If you haven't found the right job under the current posting, we will be happy to receive your unsolicited application. The best way to leave a “business card” is our online application form. If you consent, we will enter your documents in our database and check to see if we can find an appropriate use for your profile. The decision-makers usually have three months to access your application.
We prefer electronic application documents, but we also accept an application portfolio sent by post. A link to the online application form can be found under each posting.
After your application has been entered into the online application form, you will immediately receive a confirmation of receipt to the address indicated by you. If you send your application by e-mail or post, it sometimes takes a few days for the confirmation to arrive.
Your application documents will remain stored with us for an appropriate retention period of three months. After that all applicant data as well as cover letter, CV and certificates will be deleted.
Yes. After completion of the application process or after the expiry of the three-month retention period in the candidate database, in the event of unsolicited applications we will send you the documents back.
No, we do not research in social networks, such as Facebook or Twitter, how candidates present themselves there. Data protection is a high priority for us. Business networks on the internet, which represent a way of attaining specialists, are certainly used to address possible candidates.
First, the personnel department checks if your profile fits the advertised position and involves the department in the initial selection. If your application documents have convinced us, we will invite you for an interview. The interview is conducted by the responsible department leaders or project managers, other participants are the equal opportunity officer as well as members of the labor council. For management positions a second interview with representatives of the board of management is necessary. This committee then decides on the allocation of the job.
We advertise positions in different areas of our research institute. Hence the requirements of applicants also differ. Here we can offer you general tips for preparing for your job interview:
• Please take the time to inform yourself on our homepage about our institute and our approach. Get an overview of global trends in the respective research area.
• You will be asked a wide range of subject-specific questions. We want to know more about your qualifications and your previous career or studies and training. Here you should present yourself persuasively and believably.
• The job interview is not a one-way street. Think about questions and comments on your future field of work and the everyday working practices. This shows us how intensely you have considered the position and our institute.
• You should mentally sort your own personal goals as well as your strengths and weaknesses. We want as comprehensive a picture of your person as possible.
• We are also interested in whether we meet your expectations and requirements. We want to win you as a motivated employee for our institute.
We fundamentally, for every selection procedure, cannot assume any costs in connection with an application. This also applies to travel expenses.
A negative feedback does not mean that we have no interest in you. Perhaps your profile is better suited to another job posted. So don't hesitate to apply again.